The Camerata Chicago Academy is currently auditioning for additional members. To set up a consultation audition for your child (aged between 8 and 16) call Music Director Drostan Hall on 630-221-5555 or email us using our contact form.
About the Camerata Chicago Academy
The Camerata Chicago Academy comprises two groups – the Academy Orchestra aged 12 – 17 and the Junior Academy ensemble, aged 8 – 13. They are all very talented young musicians who play at a very high level and have given much joy to audiences over the last few years.
To get a feel for the standard of musicianship and performance listen to these audio recordings from the Senior Academy Orchestra, and see the videos below:
Mozart’s Symphony No. 15 Movt 1 performed on December 7, 2019:
Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 Movt. 1 performed on December 7, 2019:
- Students come together on Saturday afternoons (Senior Academy) and Friday afternoons (Junior Academy) to rehearse orchestral works in preparation for a concert at the end of each semester (May and December). The rehearsals are an end in themselves. There are also two or more further performance opportunities in March and November.
- The Camerata Chicago Academy provides a marvelous opportunity for young musicians to perform in a professional atmosphere under the direction of an internationally known conductor, Drostan Hall, Camerata Chicago’s Music Director, who has 25 years of experience of training aspiring young musicians. The objective of the Academy orchestra is to achieve a very high level of music making to produce a disciplined and professional sound, allowing young musicians to learn to work together.
- Different students at different times are given the opportunity to solo with the orchestra, such as a Bach or Vivaldi concerto, widening their experience of performance.
- Academy concerts are promoted in much the same way as our professional orchestra with concertgoers paying to attend via our ticketing system.
- See further information below, along with various videos.
Video Clip: Bach Harpsichord Concerto
Watch this amazing video clip of the Academy Orchestra and superb harpsichordist Kate Johnston performing Movt. 1 from Bach’s Harpsichord Concerto in D Minor recorded on November 17, 2019: (90 Seconds)
Video courtesy of Ariane Hall. Filmed at Gary United Methodist Church, Wheaton.
Video Clip: Mozart Symphony
Watch this fabulous short video clip of the marvelous Academy Orchestra performing Movt. 1 from Mozart’s Symphony No. 15 recorded on November 17, 2019: (60 seconds)
Video courtesy of Carol Johnston. Filmed at Gary United Methodist Church, Wheaton.